"Time keeps no measure when true friends are parted, No record day by day; the sands move not for those who, loyal-hearted, friendship's firm laws obey."

Thursday 14 January 2010

Swaziland - Tuesday...Play Time!

You see this first picture below? That is Sepho. Last time I was here, he had just arrived at ABC children's home as a baby. His twin sister and mother had both died in hospital. He was HIV positive. Now look at him! He is big, smiling all the time and babbling away to himself! And by some miracle, I am told he is no longer HIV positive! It was very exciting to see him!












In the kids club today (the last one) we took the younger kids down to the old school, where there is an adventure trail. They played and ran around, and then got tired and too hot in the sun. So we sat with them under the shade of the tree and pushed them on the rope swings. It was good.

And then I left. Plans changed and I left two days early. I travelled in the back of a bumpy landrover with 3 Americans and a Zimbabwean. Which leads me to here...sitting at the computer with a cup of coffee and a rusk! Tonight I move on to Johannesburg, where I meet a lot of new faces. I will be spending a week in Footprints children's home. I don't know how much internet connection I will get. Hopefully you will hear from me again soon!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for keeping us up to date. Glad you're having such fun and not too many marshmallows I hope!! You've missed all the fun here with the snow. It's funny, but as you get older, one day of snow (in this country) is more than enough! We are all looking forward to seeing you and having you back with us, but I expect you would like to stay a bit longer! Take care!
    Love and blessings
    Malcolm

    ReplyDelete