"Time keeps no measure when true friends are parted, No record day by day; the sands move not for those who, loyal-hearted, friendship's firm laws obey."

Monday 4 January 2010

Discussions of the Theology type

I have had some interesting conversations with Kathy and Carlo about Theology recently. Really thought provoking stuff. I wrote these words from out of them.


There is something restless in my soul.
Yet I cannot seem to let it go.
The cards are laid, my bet's been made.
But for it all, nothing to show.

Earthly things fade away.
Who knows what will keep today?
My eyes are fixed, firmly on,
The One who stills my heart that way.

Shall I wander, seek and strive,
To be closer to His side?
No longer I, but Christ in me,
Presses forth to stem the tide.

Of anger, malice, pride and lust.
I'm conquered by a King who's Just.
Working out His heart in me.
I know it's Him I'll learn to trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment